In January 1995 the Australian Attorney General revoked all appointments of wedding officers at Australian international missions. Consequently consular officers can not any longer marry Australians.
Australians may now marry according that is overseas the regulations associated with the nation where the wedding happens. Under Indonesian legislation, this implies wedding by way of a minister of faith and a civil registrar.
You will have to bring into the Australian Consulate in Bali:
- Copy of Decree genuine if divorced
- Copy of Death Certificate of previous partner if relevant
- Copy of Documentary proof of any change of name (eg, previous wedding poll that is certificate/deed
- Delivery certificates are usually needed because of the Indonesian authorities which is suggested which you bring these with your
- Fee: A$110 (payable in Rupiah just)
Engaged and getting married under Indonesian legislation
Generally, people of every nationality may marry in Indonesia supplying they hold one of several five religions recognised by Indonesia (Buddhism, Catholicism, Hinduism, Islam, and Protestantism). Marriages under Indonesian legislation are done by spiritual ministers together with Catatan Sipil (civil registrar); or by the Kantor Urusan Agama (Directorate of Islamic Religion Affairs) in the event of Islamic marriages. Continue reading “These records sheet sets down procedures to get hitched in Bali and Nusa Tenggara Barat”